In Musae Veritas

12 avril 2006

American blog

Yesterday night, I drove all the way down from New York to Philadelphia. I stayed late at night to have dinner with my collegues, and I started the engine only at 9:20 PM... I was so tired that I hardly couldn't open my eyes to see the directions. But I arrived at last, and I was kind of pride to have succeeded taking care of myself all by myself, in a foreign land.

I like this country. People are polite, engaging, open minded. Smiling face always. But I also came to understand that they can be very constant in their opinions, and that is a tough job to negociate with them.

Anyway, I went to a mall, bought some clothes (chek this out: 89$ for a Levi's 567, a Dockers jacket and a nice black stripped long sleeves shirt), then I went dining at a sort of Italian / Mexican fast food. The pastas were awfully disgusting, I felt like chewing on a piece of wet gum... though yesterday, I tasted a really good fried duck... How can this be that average taste can vary that much from place to place?

This weekend, I will visit New York. I've been waiting nearly 30 years to get at last my feet on that city's ground.

1 Comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home